Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Prayers for Baby Clayton

“I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much.” -Mother Theresa


Mother Theresa certainly had it right. At times, it's hard to understand God's plan when we are going through difficult times. Yet, I have to believe he knows. He knows our strength even when we do not. My heart hurts for my cousins Adam and Rachel, who have been entrusted by God to watch over their sweet baby boy Clayton. Clayton was born March 2 and recently diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. It amazes me to see the strength in Adam and Rachel as parents. I cannot begin to imagine the worry they have for the health of their sweet baby boy. I truly believe you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have. Because of their strength and love, baby Clayton will too know unconditional love and support.

In honor of baby Clayton, Jon, Cade, Dane and I will be joining Adam, Rachel, Clayton and their three-year old son Connor, along with many other extended family members, in the Great Strides Walk for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation on May 15 at the Milwaukee County Zoo. Please consider donating to sponsor us in the walk by clicking on the link below. Any amount you can donate is greatly appreciated and does make a difference in finding a cure for this devastating genetic disease.

http://www.cff.org/great_strides/KatieFelch

If you are unable to donate, I ask that you please keep baby Clayton and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment: