Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Livin' on Love



“mama you taught me to do the right things,
so now you have to let your baby fly.
you’ve given me everything that i will need,
to make it through this crazy thing called life…”
-carrie underwood mama’s song

I hope that every mother feels like the luckiest person in the world. Motherhood can be hard...some days after temper tantrums and messes and timeouts, you feel you like you want to pull your hair out...or cry..or both. But the joy we experience far outweighs even the most trying days. Until becoming a mother, I never knew that my heart could feel so full. I never knew how strong I could be. And, even on those toughest of days, I pause and remind myself that if I've given my boys love and taught them by example, then I've succeeded. It's those small, seemingly insignificant moments that matter the most. I hope when Cade and Dane look back, they know that they were always so loved. If they do, then I've succeeded as their mom. That's the greatest gifts our moms have given Jon and I...love. And honesty, and goodness, and humility. We are the people we are because of our moms.

{All I am, or can be, I owe to my angel mother. -Abraham Lincoln}
Happy mother's day to all the wonderful moms out there. Enjoy your day. You certainly deserve it. I know I will enjoy my day with my two sweet boys...and the wonderful man who gave them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment